Sunday 30 September 2018


I just used the word "moggiedawed" and the person I was talking to didn't know what it meant. So I explained it, it means confused.

Then I wanted to see if I'd explained it accurately, so I googled it.

To my great surprised, it came up with four hits. And all of them were me!

So I checked with ladysolly. She also knew the word, and had the same definition. I'm pretty sure I learned it from my mother. She thinks she learned it from her family.

Is this word local to the drsolly family? Or is it yiddish? If it were yiddish, I'd have expected a few more hits.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan,

    try spelling it correctly!! mogadored or moggadored. It is Cockney rhyming slang for "floored" or being beaten by a problem. totally perplexed.