Tuesday, 5 December 2017

Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

This is what I saw when I tried to access my server. So I looked at the log.

Permission denied: AH01257: unable to connect to cgi daemon after multiple tries: /home/drsolly/pub/dbwebmin.cgi

Html files worked OK, it was only cgis. I spent about an hour faulot-finding and trying to diagnose, and I'm pretty sure it was the result of a Fedora upgrade. And I couldn't see how to fix it.

Eventually, I decided to re-download, recompile and reinstall Apache (my web server). And that fixed it.l

No comments:

Post a Comment